Forum 2018-08-06T22:58:13+02:00
How to do a simple ...

Notifications
Clear all

How to do a simple single row panorama? Problems with time lapse and gigapixel mode  

RSS

panoboy
(@panoboy)
29/08/2020 11:08 pm  

Hi,

I just tried to set up a simple single row panorama (8 images, each step 45 degrees) using the BFM NT head (standard motor settings). Pine R, firmware 3.1, Android App v. 3.1.3. Camera: Nikon D600, shutter controlled by release cable from Pine R (camera symbol).

I tried to do this in time lapse mode setting 8 keyframes (adding an increment of 45 degrees for subsequent keyframes). Weird things are going on: When I start recording, the first image is taken, then the NT head proceeds. But before it stops, the second image is taken. Then it moves ahead slower, while, during movement, the third image is taken. Then it moves slightly backwards (!), and I have to kill the sequence. But this behaviour seems not to be exactly reproducible.

I also tried in Gigapixel mode (9 columns, 1 row), setting the first frame to 0 degrees, and the last frame to +360 degrees (9 images), Interval total 2.9 sec. (Auslöser 1,6 sec., pause 0.8 sec, Stillstand 0.5 sec.). When I try to start, the system takes images without turning the head.

Then I tried the following in Gigapixel mode:
Set rows to 1, columns to 9. Set top left to 0 degrees. Interval total 2.9 sec. (Auslöser 1,6 sec., pause 0.8 sec, Stillstand 0.5 sec.). Set lower right to same position. Long click on lower right position, set PAN to 360 degrees, refresh: app crashes again. Setting to 350 degrees does not work either. Reopening the Gigapixel mode is not possible ("Dieser Modus erfordert den Anschluss von Motoren", loosely translated: "this mode requires activation of motors"). I have to kill and re-start the app.

What is wrong?

Could anyone please describe a simple way to do a single row panorama with a pre-defined number of steps (images) and a pre-defined rotation (e.g. 45 degrees) between each image)?

Thanks for help (or clarification)

Patrick
(@patrick)
Black Forest Motion Moderator
31/08/2020 7:13 am  

Did you set the right motor profiles for all your motors? This would be the first thing to check.

The time-lapse mode is not intended for such kinds of movement sequences you are trying to achieve. It requires at least a couple of frames between the individual keyframes. Still, I will double-check and see if there are and bugs.

I just did a quick test in Giga-Pixel mode and followed your approach. Set the top left to 0 degrees, then set the lower right to the same position, long click on it and change the pan to 360 degrees. Manually set the number of rows to 1 and columns to 9. Everything here works as expected - I didn't encounter any issues.

Can you reproduce your issues in the Giga-Pixel mode? 

ReplyQuote
panoboy
(@panoboy)
31/08/2020 8:56 pm  

@patrick

Hi,

your suggestion works if I have two NT heads attached to the controller in the Gigapixel mode. But I tried it before with one NT head, and the app crashed every time. Obviously, it searched for a second motor, but did not find one.

When I want to do a single row panorama, especially with a fisheye lens, I cannot use two motors because of limited size. And it is not a good idea to have the second motor hanging around somewhere and trying to exclude it from the picture.

Please remove this bug, or provide an application to do a single row panorama with only one motor attached.

ReplyQuote
panoboy
(@panoboy)
19/11/2020 9:29 pm  

Hi,

I did not get any response to my last post three months ago. Did anybody check this issue? Is it possible to do single row panoramas with only one motor attached?

Hope there will be a solution for this issue soon.

Panoboy

ReplyQuote
Patrick
(@patrick)
Black Forest Motion Moderator
20/11/2020 5:57 am  

Hi Panoboy,

Very sorry for not getting back to you on this earlier. Your last reply remained unnoticed until now.

I was able to reproduce your issue with only one motor connected and fixed the bug in the App. A new App update was just submitted to the Google Play Store and should be approved by Google within the next few hours.

For the future, feel free to report any bug related issues directly to our support team my emailing to [email protected]
This will open a ticket in our support system and the issues will be handled directly and faster.

All the best,
Patrick

ReplyQuote
Share: