Pine Operation

Notifications
Clear all

Pine Operation  

RSS

Msalkema
(@msalkema)
10/07/2020 8:07 pm  

I just received my Pine-R controller. I’ve updated to the recent firmware. I get through the boot process and get the flashing green light. I then select thr BFM Slider 14 in the motor quick setup and am then taken to the Motor Setup Assistant 1/3 and select linear. I’m taken to step 2/3 and am asked to move the motor with the buttons below but they are grayed out and am unable to move the slider. 

Ive also tried to move the slider in freerun mode but the buttons are grayed out and I am unable to move the slider. 

Please help.

Patrick
(@patrick)
Black Forest Motion Moderator
10/07/2020 8:46 pm  

If you are using the BFM standard motors you got from our store, there is no need to create a new motor profile via the Setup Assistant. For all motors that are available from Black Forest Motion, there are already profiles set up. When the Quick Setup screen appears, all you have to do is select the "BFM Slider 14:1" profile from the list for the specific motor port. If you are using the iOS app, the selection is made via a scrolling list. On Android, you just tap on the current profile and it will then open the drop down list. 

Regarding the setup assistant...even with grayed out buttons, you should still be able to move the motors. But we will have a look and see if this is a bug or not. 

Are you using the app on iOS or an Android device?

Question: When the Controller boots up (after connecting the power supply) does the motor LED light up constant green?

ReplyQuote
Msalkema
(@msalkema)
10/07/2020 10:35 pm  

@patrick

Yes, I scroll through the list and select the BFM Slider 14:1 but I am unable to move the slider. The light is a rapid green flashing. 

I am using iOS.

ReplyQuote
Patrick
(@patrick)
Black Forest Motion Moderator
11/07/2020 12:13 am  

The flashing green LED is the Status LED. Is the Motor LED under the motor port green as well?

You can try a different motor port and see if the problem persists.

Does the motor make any noise when you try to control it?

Right now, we haven't had customers with such an issue and we are trying to figure out if this is a user error or a mechanical/electrical hardware issue. If possible, can you record a short video where you show us your setup and show the problem while you use the app?

ReplyQuote
chrisstratton
(@chrisstratton)
14/07/2020 9:51 pm  

@msalkema. I'm curious - what if you try with ANDROID?

ReplyQuote
Msalkema
(@msalkema)
15/07/2020 11:25 pm  

@chrisstratton

I don’t have Android but the issue has been resolved. 

ReplyQuote
Share: