• Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Android 10)
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro (Android 9)

BFM Devices:

• Pine R
  • NT Head

Issue:

The gear ratio for the BFM NT Head preset is given as 32.000

When I move the axis by 90° in Freerun it only shows as 0.9° in the app

When I create my own motor profile, the gear ratio gets recognised as 0.032 and the axis values a correct.

When using my own motor profile, the speeds a way off and go into the thousands of °/s which can't be correct and doesnt work for the motors.

This is really annoying as I was trying to to a gigapixel pano in norway and it really messed everything up.

All the Best

Hog

Patrick
(@patrick)
Black Forest Motion Moderator
06/03/2020 5:19 am  

Hi Hog,

I've been trying to reproduce this with your mentioned controller firmware and app version. However, so far without success. All seems to be working fine here.

Can you let me know your PINE Controller Serialnumber?

Also, when you connect to the PINE, which version is indicated on the home-screen of the PINE App?

There have been a couple changes between the various firmware versions regarding the motor gear ratios. The app then checks which version is installed on the PINE and then sends the corresponding data which is compatible with the PINE firmware. If the app cannot read the controller firmware version (for whatever reason) the issues you are facing might be possible.

So far we have had one customer with a similar issue. He told us that his issues went away after using the app in demo mode one time. You can try this as well. I'd be curious to know if that solves your issue as well.

Please let me know the above mentioned information and I'll do my best to find the root-cause of the issue.

All the best,
Patrick

ReplyQuote
Hog Duske
(@hog-duske)
06/03/2020 3:27 pm  

Serialnumber: 1039R169

Versions as shown in the app:

• App Vesion: v3.0.2
  • Controller Firmware: v3.0

Here is what I have done so far:

• Proposed Fix: Using the app in demo mode did not bring any changes.
  • When using the Sliders on the bottom of the Joystick page in freerun, I only get a screeching noise from the motors, as if stepped way to fast.
  • When I try to switch to continuous matrix traversal mode in giga pixel I get the popup "Requires at least Firmware V1.4"
  • I tried cleaning the cache and reinstalling the app, but nothing helped.

ReplyQuote
Hog Duske
(@hog-duske)
06/03/2020 7:33 pm  

Solved!

After going into the "Connections" dialog and pressing the "i" button next to the controller entry, everything started to work properly.

The popup when changing the traversal mode also disappeared.

All the Best

Hog Duske

ReplyQuote
Patrick
(@patrick)
Black Forest Motion Moderator
07/03/2020 12:21 pm  

Hi Hog,

Thanks a lot for your feedback. I'm glad you found a work-around that fixed the issue. 

I was able to find a possible cause of the issue and just published a new app version (V3.0.3) that will hopefully fix the issue entirely.

Please keep us updated how this new app version works out for you.

All the best,
Patrick

ReplyQuote
Hog Duske
(@hog-duske)
07/03/2020 1:00 pm  

Hi Patrick,

thanks for the quick replies.

This is so much nicer than trying to talk to a faceless company like most other manufacturers are.

I've already updated to the latest version and will inform you, should the issue appear again.

All the best

Hog

ReplyQuote
Share: