Notifications
Clear all

Sample 360˚ Panoramas & VR Tours  

RSS

RickCarmichael
(@rickcarmichael)
10/12/2018 11:36 am  

Lamina Luxury Charter Yacht

We were commissioned for a photo shoot and also for one 360 of the outside dining area for this amazing "Phinisi" style yacht that provides luxury charters to Indonesia and Thailand. The difficult thing for the 360 was that the boat was rocking from some small waves, which caused the visible horizon from the camera position to be constantly changing. So, lots of masking in creating the 360 and then lots of post-production editing on the 360 pano to make everything line up.

LuxViz - IMAGE MAKERS FOR LUXURY PROPERTIES
Photography, Cinematic Video, Mobile Apps & Websites

RickCarmichael
(@rickcarmichael)
10/12/2018 11:48 am  

Bayu Cottages, Amed Bali (LINK)

We were also commissioned by Bayu Cottages for a photo shoot of this newly remodeled hotel in Amed, Bali. And we also shot an aerial 360 and then 5 ground 360s. All 5 ground 360s were shot using the 360 mode of the PINE controller. I had to spend quite a bit of time working on some modifications for my Dynamic Perception's Stage R pan and tilt heads to get them to work properly with the automated 360 capability of PINE. The main problem is that the default attachments for connecting the tilt head to the pan head and then for attaching the camera to the tilt head only allow for very tiny adjustments for the nodal point - especially for me when shooting with my very large Tamron 15-30mm lens on my Nikon D750. However, once I added some extension brackets for both the pan and tilt heads, and did the fine-tuning to get the nodal point set correctly for the Tamron, the process is almost effortless!

As we often shoot luxury villas, I love this with PINE, creating 360s is totally hands-free. This is a very big deal when the camera position is in a very tight space and also when the tripod is actually set up in a water feature or pool (and therefore, we don't have to worry about ripples from manually moving around to create the 360).

I absolutely love this feature of the PINE controller and app!

LuxViz - IMAGE MAKERS FOR LUXURY PROPERTIES
Photography, Cinematic Video, Mobile Apps & Websites

ReplyQuote
Patrick
(@patrick)
Black Forest Motion Moderator
11/12/2018 7:08 am  

Hi Rick,

This sounds fantastic. Thank you so much for sharing this. We are very glad you can use PINE effectively with your Dynamic Perception setup for your photo shoots.

We would love to see some making-of shots of your setup if you have some. We can share them on our social media accounts with reference to your accounts and websites.

All the best,
Patrick 

ReplyQuote
Share: