Forum 2018-08-06T22:58:13+00:00

Gigapixel 360 Panoramas?  

RSS

RickCarmichael
(@rickcarmichael)
12/12/2018 1:43 am  

Hi Patrick,

I have 2 comments/feature requests:

1) Gigapixel 360s - I'd love to see the option to do spherical Gigapixels, or to do 360s with longer lenses (if this is currently possible in Gigapixel mode let me know and I will be happy to create a "how-to" video of this

2) Multiple Zenith shots in 360 mode - there have been times when I have to shoot 2 (or more) zenith shots when creating 360 panoramas - any chance of increasing the number of "up" (and "down") shots?

Thanks,

Rick

LuxViz - IMAGE MAKERS FOR LUXURY PROPERTIES
Photography, Cinematic Video, Mobile Apps & Websites

ReplyQuote
Patrick
(@patrick)
Black Forest Motion Moderator
13/12/2018 10:10 am  

Hi Rick,

Gigapixel 360s are possible in the Giga-Pixel Mode (not 360 mode). Set keyframes as follows:
1) Set upper left: Zenith location pointing up
2) Move pan axis the complete 360 degrees clockwise
3) Move tilt to Nadir location
4) Set lower right: Nadir location

For such Gigapixel 360s, you get a lot of overlap for the Zenith and Nadir images as PINE shoots all images in a matrix form. Sometimes it's best to not use all of the Zenith and Nadir images for the stitching process. 

For the 360 Mode, I can implement a feature to generate multiple Zenith and Nadir images as you requested. Let me put this on the to-do list for the next updates.

All the best,
Patrick

ReplyQuote
Patrick
(@patrick)
Black Forest Motion Moderator
16/12/2018 4:07 am  

Hi again Rick,

About the multiple Zenith and Nadir images...
Currently, there is an option to generate a total of 2 Nadir images. Those 2 images are rotated by 45 degrees to each other which helps with masking out of the tripod. When I add the feature to set multiple Zenith and Nadir images, how should I implement this? Multiple images at exactly the same pan and tilt positions pointing either up or down, or having those images rotated to each other?
So for example, with 2 Zenith images, I could have the camera trigger 2 times without moving any motors and then going to the next vertical row, or I could move the pan axis in-between the 2 images. 

Please let me know what you think is best.

All the best,
Patrick

ReplyQuote
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register