Gigapixel 360 Panoramas?
I have 2 comments/feature requests:
1) Gigapixel 360s - I'd love to see the option to do spherical Gigapixels, or to do 360s with longer lenses (if this is currently possible in Gigapixel mode let me know and I will be happy to create a "how-to" video of this
2) Multiple Zenith shots in 360 mode - there have been times when I have to shoot 2 (or more) zenith shots when creating 360 panoramas - any chance of increasing the number of "up" (and "down") shots?
LuxViz - IMAGE MAKERS FOR LUXURY PROPERTIES
Photography, Cinematic Video, Mobile Apps & Websites
Gigapixel 360s are possible in the Giga-Pixel Mode (not 360 mode). Set keyframes as follows:
1) Set upper left: Zenith location pointing up
2) Move pan axis the complete 360 degrees clockwise
3) Move tilt to Nadir location
4) Set lower right: Nadir location
For such Gigapixel 360s, you get a lot of overlap for the Zenith and Nadir images as PINE shoots all images in a matrix form. Sometimes it's best to not use all of the Zenith and Nadir images for the stitching process.
For the 360 Mode, I can implement a feature to generate multiple Zenith and Nadir images as you requested. Let me put this on the to-do list for the next updates.
All the best,
Hi again Rick,
About the multiple Zenith and Nadir images...
Currently, there is an option to generate a total of 2 Nadir images. Those 2 images are rotated by 45 degrees to each other which helps with masking out of the tripod. When I add the feature to set multiple Zenith and Nadir images, how should I implement this? Multiple images at exactly the same pan and tilt positions pointing either up or down, or having those images rotated to each other?
So for example, with 2 Zenith images, I could have the camera trigger 2 times without moving any motors and then going to the next vertical row, or I could move the pan axis in-between the 2 images.
Please let me know what you think is best.
All the best,